Makeup Artist and Covid-19
Updated: Jun 8
How do we move forward as an industry when social distancing is impossible?
As a makeup artist it is very difficult to do my job without touching someones face and not be closer than 2meters.
What I was doing already:
- My kit and brushes are always cleaned between clients.
- Brushes cleaned in alcohol solution or washed with antibacterial soap.
- Spraying down the area I work in with disinfectant.
- Hand Sanitiser
- Using disposable face wipes / cotton pads.
- Using disposable mascara wands (recycled when washed and sent to https://www.appalachianwild.org/wands-for-wildlife.html)
When I go back to work what will I be bringing in the way of change to my practice
- PPE Facial coverings (ordered)
- Gloves (Non Latex due to possible client allergies)
- Checking temperature daily
It will be almost impossible to completely eliminate the risk of catching/passing on Covid-19 until there are 0 cases or a vaccine/cure. So I shall be trying to limit the possibility of spreading this and any virus as much as I can control. These practices will be updated as and when the Government releases more information.